Thursday, May 7, 2015

20150507

approx 600 words from Bible study
12:16 PM 5/7/2015

162 words of private memories/memory songs
12:22 PM 5/7/2015

476 freeish words
_____________________________________

1238/750




















(Dr. Sykes at my IUB Motown class's Sock Hop, Summer 2013)


What to write about today? Why do I nearly always start with that question? Thinking about the prophesy about questioning as inevitable after that.

Mary’s laying here and being a nice little electric blanket in the relatively cool A/C.

What subjects are interesting this morning? I know I woke up with writing in my head. (Thanks, Rainer Maria Rilke/Sister Act.) Frequently I wake up with a song as well, just like Sister Mary Clarence (Whoopi Goldberg) quotes to character Rita Watson (Lauryn Hill). http://classicsdefined.com/letters.html

Abbreviations of thoughts that people who I want to know will understand or remember but that don’t give too much away.

I miss mom. Wrote a mother’s day post today and hearing songs I sang with her and recognizing her lineage and influence in objects scattered around the room, some as random as the Raphael Ninja Turtle figure my friend bought for me as a present for my nephew. Aunt Robin and mom singing Marty Robbins’ “Spanish Lullaby” with us in the back of the car on any number of occasions or on the front porch and the ensuing harmonization discussion that once followed.

At least I can get some of this down. Sometimes I worry about all the time and interesting memories that I’ve lost and then I remember jumping in the fountain after mom picked me up from Bay Street players or Grandma Martha’s story about Deborah C. overhearing my singing in the costume closet in the rafters or my courage in actually trying out for American Idol [too nervous but gorgeous voice] or skating with Skate World in the parade, a small number of seemingly innumerable memories that surface from time to time, I am sure floating down from above to remind me that my life has been full and blessed, no matter the number of tragedies I face.

Inspired voice versus original voice in singing (various sources and Brian) and writing—if I wake up, is that more my original voice than going through the day having interacted with outside stimuli and then writing “under the influence”? (Especially reading Lorrie Smith. I realized that she writes like I think I might do best, in short, beautifully phrased, staccato stream of conscious and subconsciousness.)

It’s still hard to write 1667 for morning pages, so I may choose to stick to 750 for the randomness and do what the one blogger (if you are that blogger, please let me know and I’ll update this) who recommended the plan and some other great hints for easily exceeding 1667 words a day for novels.
As for now, I’m still writing and coming up with things, so perhaps I’ll continue. Let me see how many words more private memories add (66).

Actually, I’ve got to get going with the day, so I’ll go with the 750 for this morning. More later, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment