Thursday, February 9, 2017

Booking Through Thursday 20170209

This post may not have the requisite 720 words, but it is my daily public journal, so I felt the response most appropriate here.





"What kind of book do you like to curl up with on a snowy day?"

I'm not sure that the weather really affects my reading habits; however, I like to read different things in different locations, with different drinks. Many of these "ideals" likely coincide with what others would say in the same situations.

Locations:
the beach--magazine/light reading
the mountains--intellectual (Is this a made up thing?)
home--nonfic/ref, something I'm comforted with (favorite series, Chicken Soup/inspirational, rare occasion that I'll want a novel/fic)

Drinks:
hot cocoa/snow--comforting, familiar
margarita--cultural
soda--mostly generic in the sense of anything (not specifically pertaining to a specific genre), but again, ties to a location in some circumstances, read: beach

In general, I love reading, especially non-fic/memoirs (this line gets blurred, since I think Harry Potter series/Room are so real in my mind--other good writing), not just for reference. I'll pick up just about anything when I want to read. If it's worth it, keep going. If not (have yet to find too many of those, though some targeted to a different (younger, etc.) audience), give it back to the "Little Free Library" I got it from and begin the search again. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment